18.4.11

A GRAND China Wedding

Can I just tell you how much time I spend looking at weddings online?

Hours.

Countless, upon countless, hours.

One would assume that it is the newness of the engagement that's caused this absurd time wasting.

Nope. I did this before. But now I can justify it.

Folks, this isn't just a void pastime. I am a self-proclaimed wedding critic!

I'll let you in on my criteria for each and every wedding I peruse...

1) The wedding, in its entirety (pictures, colors, etc.), must be unique to the personality of the bride and groom.
2) The wedding must have a cohesive theme or color scheme.
3) The fun factor - I look at the faces on the attendees, not just the bride and groom - everyone should be having FUN.
4) And last but not least, bonus points are awarded to weddings with killer food.

This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of experiencing such a wedding at my former place of employment - Grand China. The wedding met all of my criteria and then some. The best part of the night happened towards the end - when all inhibitions were gone - and everyone was dancing the night away.

I looked to my right and Lisa was doing the sprinkler-head. I look to my left and Logan was swing-dancing with my former boss, Shirley.

It was classic and certainly one for the books (or blogs!). I can only hope that my wedding will be just as wonderful - congrats Richard and JoJo!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment