22.2.11

The Upcoming Oscars

I've never watched the Academy Awards.

A has never missed them.

In hopes that my showing interest in his interests will inspire him to show interest in my interests (which are much more sophisticated than the Academy Awards I might add), I will throw in my hat and join the other millions of movie nerds and entertainment buffs for this Sunday's 83rd Annual Oscars.

[I was kidding about the sophisticated interests part, as my interests range from Disney soundtracks to fresh salsa]

Of course, while A is concerned about what movie, actor, or actress is going to win, I have seen to it that more important issues are attended too. Such as FOOD.

Now is the appropriate time to openly distinguish my relationship with food from A's. In short, he eats to live. I live to eat.

Though I certainly claim an unwavering commitment to and obsession with food, quite frankly, I cannot claim to be any sort of a good cook. Heck, I know little to no recipes and I'm too lazy to scour the internet.

So, I need your help bloggies! Do you have any suggestions for our upcoming Oscar party? I am thinking appetizer type foods. My criteria is really simple: easy and good.

If you have ideas, I would sure love some recipe comments!

I'll leave you with the only relevant picture I have to offer...me as the Black Swan and Kara as a Pink Lady. Actually, Kara's pretty irrelevant ;)

2 comments:

  1. check out...
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/category/appetizers/

    Her recipes are literally a godsend.

    ReplyDelete